Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I'm looking for self-study books strictly on precalc. Trig. and Analytic Geo.

1. Feb 23, 2009 #1
    Does anyone have any recommendations?

Here is my plan:

My text covers trigonometry, but not analytic geometry. I am interested in learning analytic geometry to increase my confidence for beginning calculus, so the quality of the analytic geometry book is the higher priority. I also suspect I might have some trouble following the my original textbook while learning trigonometry, so I definitely would not mind a trigonometry supplement.

And one more thing, does anyone know of a Schaum's "3000 solved problems" equivalent? I found a Princeton "Plethora of Calculus problems" book and I was just wondering if anyone else knows of anymore companies that produce books that contain strictly solved problems (specifically precalculus trig and analytic geo.)

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 23, 2009 #2
    Go to your school/city library and borrow all the books on this subject :!!). You will have few thousand problems to solve.

4. Feb 23, 2009 #3
    Gelfand's Trigonometry and Methods of Coordinates would be the obvious choices.

5. Feb 24, 2009 #4
    Hmmm, I suppose. BTW, does anyone here ever do the same problems over again?

I'll check these out when I get home from school today.

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook