I'm looking for self-study books strictly on precalc. Trig. and Analytic Geo.

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 5K views
Raizy
Messages
107
Reaction score
0
Does anyone have any recommendations?

Here is my plan:

My text covers trigonometry, but not analytic geometry. I am interested in learning analytic geometry to increase my confidence for beginning calculus, so the quality of the analytic geometry book is the higher priority. I also suspect I might have some trouble following the my original textbook while learning trigonometry, so I definitely would not mind a trigonometry supplement.

And one more thing, does anyone know of a Schaum's "3000 solved problems" equivalent? I found a Princeton "Plethora of Calculus problems" book and I was just wondering if anyone else knows of anymore companies that produce books that contain strictly solved problems (specifically precalculus trig and analytic geo.)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Raizy said:
Does anyone have any recommendations?

Here is my plan:

My text covers trigonometry, but not analytic geometry. I am interested in learning analytic geometry to increase my confidence for beginning calculus, so the quality of the analytic geometry book is the higher priority. I also suspect I might have some trouble following the my original textbook while learning trigonometry, so I definitely would not mind a trigonometry supplement.

And one more thing, does anyone know of a Schaum's "3000 solved problems" equivalent? I found a Princeton "Plethora of Calculus problems" book and I was just wondering if anyone else knows of anymore companies that produce books that contain strictly solved problems (specifically precalculus trig and analytic geo.)

Go to your school/city library and borrow all the books on this subject :!). You will have few thousand problems to solve.
 
Gelfand's Trigonometry and Methods of Coordinates would be the obvious choices.
 
rootX said:
Go to your school/city library and borrow all the books on this subject :!). You will have few thousand problems to solve.

Hmmm, I suppose. BTW, does anyone here ever do the same problems over again?

Werg22 said:
Gelfand's Trigonometry and Methods of Coordinates would be the obvious choices.

I'll check these out when I get home from school today.