1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I'm looking for self-study books strictly on precalc. Trig. and Analytic Geo.

1. Feb 23, 2009 #1
    Does anyone have any recommendations?

Here is my plan:

My text covers trigonometry, but not analytic geometry. I am interested in learning analytic geometry to increase my confidence for beginning calculus, so the quality of the analytic geometry book is the higher priority. I also suspect I might have some trouble following the my original textbook while learning trigonometry, so I definitely would not mind a trigonometry supplement.

And one more thing, does anyone know of a Schaum's "3000 solved problems" equivalent? I found a Princeton "Plethora of Calculus problems" book and I was just wondering if anyone else knows of anymore companies that produce books that contain strictly solved problems (specifically precalculus trig and analytic geo.)

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 23, 2009 #2
    Go to your school/city library and borrow all the books on this subject :!!). You will have few thousand problems to solve.

4. Feb 23, 2009 #3
    Gelfand's Trigonometry and Methods of Coordinates would be the obvious choices.

5. Feb 24, 2009 #4
    Hmmm, I suppose. BTW, does anyone here ever do the same problems over again?

I'll check these out when I get home from school today.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook