For Dummies? Geometry and Trig self-study tips please

In summary, the "For Dummies" series is a collection of instructional books that cover a wide range of topics and are designed for readers with little to no prior knowledge. For studying Geometry and Trigonometry, the series offers books with step-by-step explanations and online resources for practice. Self-study tips include understanding basic concepts, practicing regularly, using visual aids, and seeking additional support. The series can also be helpful for exam preparation, and there are other resources available such as online tutorials, Khan Academy videos, and seeking help from a teacher or tutor.
McWonald
I am planning on doing a huge self-studying over geometry and hopefully a little bit a trigonometry session over the summer at my public library. Over at a friends house, I see that he has a book about "algebra 2 for dummies" in his pile of science books and it got me wondering, are the "For Dummies" book series a good way to learn math?

Physics news on Phys.org
The short answer is "it depends".
What you need is a book designed to be a course rather than as a primer ... or just do one of the courses online.

1. What is the "For Dummies" series all about?

The "For Dummies" series is a collection of instructional books that cover a wide range of topics, from science and mathematics to cooking and finance. These books are designed to be accessible and easy to understand for readers who have little to no prior knowledge on the subject.

2. How can I use the "For Dummies" series to study Geometry and Trigonometry?

The "For Dummies" series offers a variety of books on Geometry and Trigonometry, including "Geometry For Dummies" and "Trigonometry For Dummies." These books provide step-by-step explanations, practice problems, and real-life examples to help you understand these subjects. Additionally, you can also find online resources, such as study guides and practice tests, to supplement your learning.

3. Are there any self-study tips for learning Geometry and Trigonometry?

Here are some tips to help you study Geometry and Trigonometry on your own:

• Start by understanding the basic concepts and definitions.
  • Practice regularly to improve your problem-solving skills.
  • Use visual aids, such as diagrams and graphs, to better understand the concepts.
  • Make use of online resources, such as videos and interactive tutorials.
  • Join study groups or seek help from a tutor if you need additional support.

4. Can the "For Dummies" series help me prepare for exams?

Yes, the "For Dummies" series can be a valuable resource for exam preparation. These books provide comprehensive coverage of the subject, practice problems, and tips for test-taking. Additionally, many "For Dummies" books also include online resources that offer practice tests and study guides to help you prepare for exams.

5. Are there any other resources I can use to supplement my study of Geometry and Trigonometry?

Yes, there are many other resources you can use to supplement your study of Geometry and Trigonometry. Some suggestions include online tutorials and courses, Khan Academy videos, and practice problems from textbooks or online sources. You can also seek help from a teacher or tutor if you need further assistance.