Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

I'm worried about Art Bell

1. Apr 16, 2006 #1
    This is too soon. I predict he'll be happy he didn't sell his Nevada ranch. Is she even 18?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 16, 2006 #2

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'm moving this over to GD. But no kidding, what a shocker.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2006
  4. Apr 16, 2006 #3

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

What the..?:eek: What's the story?

5. Apr 16, 2006 #4
    During the first hour, Art shared the story of how he met, fell in love with, and married a very special Filipino woman, Airyn Ruiz. Art also announced that he will be moving to the Philippines on April 29th to be with Airyn, but will continue doing weekend Coast programs from that location.

Art's Wedding Pictures

6. Apr 16, 2006 #5

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

yeah, I saw that. Skimpy on the details. Did you happen to catch the show?

7. Apr 16, 2006 #6
    She looks so young! Maybe he's having a crisis response or something.

8. Apr 16, 2006 #7
    Who is art bell? :confused:

9. Apr 16, 2006 #8

turbo

Gold Member

Talk-radio host who abandoned liberal/libertarian political talk to focus on fringe/conspiracy topics. Entertaining, but don't look to gather lots of verifiable, usable facts from any particular show. Not much different from Rush, except that Rush pretends to be mainstream and factual, while being further to the right and even less factual than Pat Robertson (if that is possible). Rush has the "strawman" technique honed to perfection. Nobody is better at it.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2006
  10. Apr 16, 2006 #9
    http://www.coasttocoastam.com/
    Like Turbo stated his main focus is finge topics; UFOs, Bigfoot, Ghosts, Conspiracy Theories, ect. His show is best considered as entertainment but he does occasionally have interesting credible guests on the topics of science and technology.

11. Apr 16, 2006 #10

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I caught a bit of the beginning. He says that he went on vacation and met her while there. She was about to head off to the middle of nowhere to teach when she met Art and fell in love.

sure sure sure... yadda yadda yadda.... :biggrin:

12. Apr 17, 2006 #11

Mk

Holy bejeezus, didn't his wife die like last week??? This guy is getting a little bit eccentric.

I remember MIH or Moonbear or Evo said that girls would line up for him, because of his intelligence, maturity and very sexy voice.

13. Apr 17, 2006 #12
    Either he:
    -felt sorry for her poor family
    -accidently knocked her up (she seduced him)
    -needs a housecleaner, mating partner, cook combi

or all of the above

Last edited: Apr 17, 2006
  14. Apr 17, 2006 #13

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I heard him talking about it briefly from last night. He said he is packing up two of the cats and taking them to Manila with him, and Clear Channel is very supportive of him doing the broadcast from the Phillipines.

He said that a lot of people were writing in expressing their shock over this turn of events and he said that it is his nature to do impulsive things like this. This is just too weird, though. It really gives me an uneasy feeling.

I think Pit might be right, as far as him looking for a housekeeper, companion, and cook, but more importantly I think, a nurse. I seem to remember that he gets pretty incapacitated with back problems and he needs someone to look after him during these times. I'm sure his back problems aren't getting any better as he gets older.

15. Apr 17, 2006 #14

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

I think he's :yuck: .

Smart people are fun to talk to, but not always fun to "play" with.

16. Apr 17, 2006 #15

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

After reading more about it, it almost sounds like he and his friend had a hard time picking up girls and just flew to the Philipines to "buy" a wife.

I understand life hasn't been easy for him in the past year, but that's no excuse for throwing rational thought out of the door.

17. Apr 17, 2006 #16

Evo

Staff: Mentor

It wasn't me. :bugeye:

18. Apr 17, 2006 #17

Math Is Hard

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Wasn't me, either. And I don't think Moonie would even know who Art Bell is.

19. Apr 17, 2006 #18

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I know what is causing the confusion. You all were talking about me; right? :shy:

20. Apr 17, 2006 #19

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Yes. :!!) :!!) :!!)

21. Apr 17, 2006 #20

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I knew it!!! :biggrin:

Really, I do have a radio voice kind of like Bell's. That was my other most likely career option - voice work of some kind. Even called a horse race [trials] at Hollywood Park once, just for fun. My buddy was the track announcer.

[just imagine, 100,000 watts of Ivan :surprised :surprised :surprised :yuck: ]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2006
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?