Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Immersed in the world of computer science

1. May 14, 2016 #1
    Hi, I'm a computer science student currently working on my bachelors degree as well as an associates degree in web development. I have recently been trying to take on the C language but it's not going so well. I hope to gain a better understanding of all the programming languages as I progress. I look forward to being a part of this community. Thank you.

2. jcsd
  3. May 14, 2016 #2
    Welcome to the forum :). C can be a little tedious at times yes.

4. May 14, 2016 #3
    Yes, It has been very much so for me. I am a beginner and have been given the task of multi-threading...Yeah, I'm not so great at it. Thank you for the reply. :)

5. May 14, 2016 #4
    No worries, is it the first language you are learning? Or have you learnt higher level languages prior to this?

6. May 14, 2016 #5
    I started with Alice, and Python. This semester I got a dose of Assembly and C. I also have learned HTML and a little Java script.

7. May 14, 2016 #6
    Cool. I've always thought C would have been much harder for me if i'd started with higher level languages... Still, i'm no expert, but I can definitely appreciate higher level languages a lot more if you've started with C.

Good luck!

8. May 14, 2016 #7
    Thank you.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted