Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

In the middle of two crises

1. Apr 7, 2003 #1
    With no introductions or anything , I Wanted to tell everyone that we JORDANIANS are living between two crises , the Israeli occupation to the Palestinian lands , and the American Invasion on Iraq ...

So we are Excused .. It's really bad to have two brothers dying everyday by some mercyless killers lookinf for Money and Oil ...
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 7, 2003 #2
    Why do you not consider me your brother?
  4. Apr 7, 2003 #3
    What gives peace and supportance to me is considered a brother ...
    also , ALL Muslims are Brothers and All Arabs are brothers ...

then Comes the brotherhood that we're from the same first father Adam .
  5. Apr 7, 2003 #4
    First Race, second Roots?
  6. Apr 7, 2003 #5
    Yes ... Being a Muslim is more inportant from bring an Arab
  7. Apr 7, 2003 #6
    Well then, my brother Zargawee, regardless of what you have been told, or believe, about the US, our citizens only wish that everyone in the world could live in peace. We don't care what is your race, your skin color, or your religion. We have learned something many Arabs have not. We have learned that being tolerant and accepting of peoples differences is the correct thing to do. While it may seem at times we have difficulty practicing what we preach, we do know that this is the correct path.

I apologize if you consider Saddam Hussein and his loyalists your brother. In the US we regard him as a butcher. We will destroy him. We may not kill him personally, but we will render him irrelevant. If it turns out that the US was wrong, and that Saddam is really a benevolent and loved leader of the Iraqi people, I will kiss my brother's a$$.
  8. Apr 7, 2003 #7
    Didn't I Say this before ? LET SADDAM BURN IN HELL !!!
    I Hate This person ..

But who I consider as brothers are the Iraqi citizens ...
    You Konw that Saddam, Bush and Kofi Anan are the poeple behind the death of 50 000 Iraqi infant yearly ? Those are murders , the first two are boys with toes , the last one is just a dumb head who does what he asked to do !

We muslims (Specially Arabs) believes in equality never mind where you're from , This is clearing appeared in Islam when poeple pray , the stand in lines and pray , no matter where they are from , or what language they talk , or what was their past religion ...
    And Arabs also believes in equality , as you can see , the arab unity Includes Lebannon , which is not a muslim country ( it's president is Chiristian ) , but we respect it as an Arab country .

Your Points are invalid ... To before a long time , USA had problems with dealing with Black-skined residents ...
    And this problem stand stills ( As I was told from one of my relatives in USA )
  9. Apr 7, 2003 #8
    I heard the Jordan situation, between Iraq and Israel, described as being "Stuck between Iraq and a hard place".
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2003
  10. Apr 7, 2003 #9
    Who said that ?
  11. Apr 7, 2003 #10
    King Abdullah II
  12. Apr 7, 2003 #11
    I stand corrected.

As do I.
    This is not true. The oil for food program would have easily provided plenty of food and medicine for needy Iraqis. It was Saddam that abused the program and denied his people the benefits from it. Admittedly, the US and the UN are both guilty of being ignorant of Saddams unwillingness to follow any rules but his own.

That is good to hear.

If you will read my original post carefully, you will see that I clearly stated that while we know the difference between right and wrong, we are not perfect in implimenting it. Here is the original statement...

"We have learned that being tolerant and accepting of peoples differences is the correct thing to do. While it may seem at times we have difficulty practicing what we preach, we do know that this is the correct path."
  13. Apr 7, 2003 #12

Staff: Mentor

Zargawee, if you dislike Saddam so much and you wish to see the suffering of your Iraqi "brothers" stopped, why don't you support his immediate removal? It seems to me that you are standing in the way of the rescue of your "brothers."
  14. Apr 7, 2003 #13
    That prooves that this is offecial problem.

I aksed for that ! or you want me to go to iraq and grab Saddam from his shirt , and put a good person instead of him ? Don't be ridiculous !

Sounds true ... But I think that Bush is now giulty for his DIRECT killing of children ... also that dumb head Anan , for keeping shut up and looking at this war ... I hop e he get burnt with his Security consle !

Point Cleared :wink:
  15. Apr 7, 2003 #14

Not to worry. If you don't want to do it yourself (for whatever reason), we'll do it for you :)
  16. Apr 7, 2003 #15
    No thanks ... I Have more important things to do .. :wink:
  17. Apr 7, 2003 #16

Too busy straping TNT to your kids to take down a dictator in your midst?

Ok, maybe uncalled for but nevertheless, how important is it to you? Clearly many see the US as enough of a threat to fly planes into our buildings, but don't see Saddam as enough of a threat (even after admitting he's at the very least a threat to your "brothers") to do anything about him. WHY NOT?!?!?!?
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2003
  18. Apr 7, 2003 #17
    "many" is 19 eh?
  19. Apr 7, 2003 #18
    Please kyleb, just exactly how many people do you think are in Al Qeada's network?

Look at the big picture.
  20. Apr 7, 2003 #19
    And nearly all (all?) those 19 were from Saudi Arabia, a repressive aristocracy that is also now our ally and friend.
  21. Apr 7, 2003 #20
    You pick the biggest guy on the cell block and you attempt to beat the crap out of him. In this way you will surely instill fear into the rest of the inmates, as they will see you as being obviously out of your mind, and you might even befriend and gain the respect of the biggest guy on the block. This might be the strategy.

What is going to happen to the rest of the Arab countries when Iraq surpasses them in economic power and is also a friend to the US.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?