1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

In which direction ball will move?

1. Mar 18, 2013 #1
    hello friends, a ball experiences uniform motion due to inertia and gravitational force which is acting downwards. Both these forces are perpendicular. So given these conditions,in which direction the ball will move? I think with the help of trigonometry we can solve this.. Since there are two direction force are acting,i think ball will move in net direction.. But i don't know which net direction...

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 18, 2013 #2

CWatters

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Welcome to the forum. I see you are a first time poster. Can you check the rules for posting homework questions...

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=617567

In particular please post the whole question as set and an attempt at the solution.

EDIT: There are several ways to answer your question as posed. The simplest is "In a parabolic arc".

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  4. Mar 18, 2013 #3
    how to edit?? And i am in a mobile.but i didn't see any homework template..

5. Mar 18, 2013 #4

CWatters

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You don't need to edit your first post. You can make a new one using the following headings..

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted