Insight replies/comments messed up

• Thread starter strangerep
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the issues with replies/comments on the insights page and suggests implementing a preview function and an edit function similar to those in normal threads. There is confusion over whether the comment thread and the replies are the same thing, and a request for a link to the comment thread on the insights page.
strangerep
Science Advisor
On this insights page, the replies/comments are getting a bit messed up. Is it possible to have a similar preview facility as in normal threads? And maybe an edit function?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
The url in my post #1 was wrong. I just fixed it (I hope).

I suspect that if you do a test reply, trying to quote one of the earlier replies, my problem will become obvious. Otherwise, it might just be me again...:oldfrown:

In any case, I don't see a button to edit a reply.

I suspect we're talking at crossed purposes. By "comment thread", I presume you mean this normal thread. But I was talking about the "replies" on the insights page itself.

Also, I don't see an obvious link from the insights page to the comment thread. Is such a link meant to exist?

strangerep said:
Also, I don't see an obvious link from the insights page to the comment thread. Is such a link meant to exist?

That's something I would like.

Most have one but I can't make them while traveling

1. Why are my insight replies/comments messed up?

There could be several reasons for this issue. It could be due to a technical glitch on the platform or it could be a result of a recent update. It is also possible that there is a problem with your device or internet connection. We recommend checking for any updates on the platform and clearing your browser's cache and cookies before contacting support for further assistance.

2. How can I fix the messed up insight replies/comments?

If the issue is due to a technical glitch, it should be resolved once the platform is updated or the glitch is fixed. You can also try refreshing the page or logging out and back into your account. If the issue persists, you can contact support for further assistance.

3. Can I retrieve my lost insight replies/comments?

If the issue is due to a technical glitch, your lost insight replies/comments should be restored once the glitch is fixed. However, if the issue is due to a recent update or a problem with your device, it may not be possible to retrieve the lost comments. We recommend contacting support for further assistance.

4. Is this a common issue with the platform?

Insight replies/comments getting messed up is not a common issue on the platform. However, if you are experiencing this issue, it could be due to a recent update or a technical glitch. We recommend reporting the issue to support so it can be resolved as soon as possible.

5. How can I prevent my insight replies/comments from getting messed up in the future?

To prevent this issue from occurring in the future, make sure to regularly check for updates on the platform and keep your device and internet connection in good condition. If you encounter this issue again, try refreshing the page or logging out and back into your account. You can also report the issue to support for further assistance.