Instantaneous Speed From Acceleration

In summary, the conversation is about determining the instantaneous speed of an object with an acceleration of 10 m/ssquared and a radius of 1.5 m, where the angle between acceleration and tangential acceleration is 30 degrees. The tangential acceleration is found to be 5 m/ssquared and the radial acceleration is 8.66 m/ssquared, but the method to calculate instantaneous speed is unclear. The question is how to convert acceleration to instantaneous speed and the suggestion is to use the formula Ac=Vt/t, finding the time for one revolution and multiplying it by the tangential acceleration. It is also mentioned that the object is moving in circular motion.
schlogz
1. What is the instantaneous speed of an object with acceleration 10 m/ssquared and the radius of the circle is 1.5 m. In addition, the angle between the acceleration and the tangential acceleration is 30 degrees. I've determined that the tangential acceleration is 5 m/ssquared and the radial acceleration is 8.66 m/ssquared but i have no idea how to get to instantaneous speed. How do i get instantaneous speed?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Is the object moving in a circular motion? I am confused to the initial conditions

the question is more how do i convert acceleration into instantaneous speed. I have what i need, I'm sure of it, i just can't figure out how to convert it.

myes, Ac=Vt/t so find the time for 1 revolution (in what ever units you need) and multiply by the Ac if instantaneous speed is comparable to tangential velocity. Which I am 99% sure it is.

What is instantaneous speed?

Instantaneous speed is the speed of an object at a specific moment in time, or at a specific point along its trajectory. It is the rate at which an object is moving at that exact instant, and it can be different from the average speed over a longer period of time.

How is instantaneous speed calculated?

Instantaneous speed can be calculated by taking the derivative of an object's position with respect to time. This means finding the slope of the tangent line at a specific point on a position-time graph. It can also be calculated by taking the limit of the average speeds over shorter and shorter time intervals.

What is the relationship between acceleration and instantaneous speed?

Acceleration is the rate at which an object's velocity changes over time. This means that acceleration is directly related to an object's instantaneous speed - the greater the acceleration, the faster the object's speed changes at a specific moment in time.

Can instantaneous speed be negative?

Yes, instantaneous speed can be negative if the object is moving in the opposite direction of its positive direction. For example, if an object is moving right with a positive velocity and then changes direction to move left, its instantaneous speed will be negative at the point where it changes direction.

How is instantaneous speed different from average speed?

Average speed is calculated by dividing the total distance traveled by the total time taken. It gives an overall representation of an object's speed over a period of time. Instantaneous speed, on the other hand, only represents the speed at a specific moment and can change constantly throughout an object's motion.