Integrate 1/(t^2(t-1))dt question

• Thread starter anderma8
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integrate
In summary, the conversation discusses the best approach to solving a given integral, with the suggestion of using partial fraction decomposition. It is also mentioned that substitution can be used, but may be more complex and time-consuming. The integral is determined to be convergent, and the importance of carefully considering the limits of integration is emphasized. It is noted that software and calculators can be used to solve the integral, but understanding the concepts behind integration is still important.
anderma8
I've stared at this problem for about 5 minutes and I'm not sure how to start it. I see the function and its derivative, but I'm missing something I suspect is simple. Any suggestions as to how to start?

Physics news on Phys.org
Try partial fractions.

Thanks for the reply. I just realized that as well... Thanks!

1. What is the best approach to solving this integral?

The best approach to solving this integral is to use partial fraction decomposition. This involves breaking the denominator into simpler fractions that can be easily integrated.

2. Can this integral be solved using substitution?

Yes, this integral can be solved using substitution. However, it may be more complicated and time-consuming compared to using partial fraction decomposition.

3. Is the integral convergent or divergent?

The integral is convergent. This means that it has a finite value and can be evaluated using integration techniques.

4. What are the limits of integration for this integral?

The limits of integration will depend on the specific problem or context in which the integral is being used. It is important to carefully consider the limits and ensure that they are appropriate for the problem at hand.

5. Can this integral be solved using software or calculators?

Yes, this integral can be solved using software or calculators that have integration capabilities. However, it is still important to understand the underlying concepts and techniques involved in solving integrals.