Integrate the following equation f=exp(m*x) dx where x =[x1 , x2]

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter jetzt
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Dx Integrate
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
jetzt
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Dear

I am trying to integrate the following equation

f=exp(m*x) dx

where x =[x1 , x2] is a vector of variable could you help me please to find the solution when I would like to integrate like this kind of equations.

help appreciated

Best Regards
 
Physics news on Phys.org


So you want to find
[tex]\int e^{m \vec x} \, \mathrm d\vec x[/tex]
right?

Can you first explain what that notation means?
Usually [itex]\mathrm d\vec x = dx_1 \, \mathrm dx_2[/itex] but what is [itex]e^{m \vec x}[/itex] in this case?

(If everything is properly defined, you'd expect something like [itex]m e^{m \vec x}[/itex] of course)
 


the x=[x1 x2] is array of variables where x1 and x2 are complex and m is
a constant. so my question how could I integrate the function over an array dx and should I have one or two complex integral ,I think so two may be because we have two variable in the array

thanks for the help
 


Yes, we understood that. CompuChip's question was "what does [itex]e^{m[x1, x2]}[/itex] mean?" How are you defining e to a vector power? In order for the integral to make sense, e to a vector power, here, must be a vector. Can you give more context for the problem.

(And you would expect something like [itex]e^{m\vec{x}}[/itex] divided by m, not multiplied by m.)
 


well i guess the question should be moved to the right forum