1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Other Intermediate Optics (including nonlinear optics)?

1. Jul 26, 2016 #1
    Hey everyone. I'm currently in a new research lab that focuses on optics. One thing I'm currently tasked with is handling the femtosecond laser we have. However, to do this, I need a stronger background in optics than I currently have (which is a few years of undergrad optics, some quantum, pretty much what is expected of physics undergrads). Specifically, I need to be up to speed with nonlinear optics in order to build what I need to. I know that this isn't a topic that is the main staple of optics textbooks, so I thought to ask here to see if anyone had any insight. What would be a good textbook that I could check out to get me through intermediate optics into nonlinear optics?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 26, 2016 #2

blue_leaf77

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Check "Nonlinear Optics" by R. Boyd for a more insight on the theoretical part. In practical side, I would suggest "The Principles of Nonlinear Optics" by Y. R. Shen, this book contains a variety of topics about the applied aspect of nonlinear optics.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted