1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Job Skills Internship Interview tomorrow with Boeing, any tips/words of advice?

1. Dec 7, 2011 #1
    Hi all,

Well I lucked out and am getting a phone interview with Boeing tomorrow for a Manufacturing Engineering internship. I have researched their interview format and apparently they do a behavioral interview using the STAR method. Has anyone ever been through one of these? I found some information that says it would be best to go ahead and prepare a few situations along the lines of leadership/Work ethic/Diversity, so I will go ahead and do that.

If anyone else would like to spare some advice that would be great, Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 7, 2011 #2
    A few quick and easy ones:

1) have a pad and pencil ready.
    2) have a copy of your resume
    3) never do a phone interview over a cell or coreless phone. You want a land line with a speaker phone
    4) if it helps, there isn't anything wrong with having a set of notecards with talking points that you want to emphasize

4. Dec 8, 2011 #3
    Thanks twofish! Just finished, and it went great! Unfortunately I didn't have access to a land line but it didn't seem to hold me up. Thanks again,
    Chuck

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook