Is a Degree in Physics the Path to a Career in Artificial Life?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Physteo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Life Physics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
Physteo
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Hello guys, I'm a student from Rome, excuse my bad english. I would like to ask you something if I'm not too disturbing..

I'm a student of the first year of University (La Sapienza), and not yet decided which degree to attend: I'm undecided to take physics of computer science. I love physics, I don't love very much computer science: but what I would like to be in the future is the researcher in Artificial Life, or, more in particular, Natural Computation ( I would like to take this master in GB after the degree in Rome: http://www.informatics.sussex.ac.uk/research/groups/easy/).

Maybe Computer science would be more appropriate for the master I want to take, but I do love more physics, and maybe I would have better results doing it. The Master I want to take is open for all students from maths, physics, engineering.. So I won't be cut off.

So, do you think is it possible for me doing this career in the future taking a degree in physics? Is there a link between physics and artificial life?

Please answer me! :)
(By the way, this forum rocks !)
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't know much about natural computing, but I assume some molecular biology background would be essential.

Perhaps you should consider a program in biophysics if there is one available to you?