Rumors that I have not followed the case are , well, inaccurate.
The PR firm of Julison Communications
http://julisoncom.com/we_are.html
was hired early on to create public images of Zimmerman as a racist stalker and Martin as an angelic schoolboy. They did a pretty good job as evidenced by this thread.
Unless you saw Martin's Twitter pages (when they were still on internet) you might believe it.
There's a dark side to this whole story including sworn testimony of Miami Police Department's 'burying' of criminal activity by black school kids .
http://www.scribd.com/doc/135564937/Sergeant-William-Tagle-Internal-Affairs-Investigative-Report
Martin was suspended for having marijuana, burglary tools and jewelry in his backpack. That was in Miami Herald.
Police reports were altered to say it was found in parking lot. Above link has the depositions.
There was a substantial tort at stake against the homeowners' association provided Zimmerman was found guilty, or better yet arrested and not tried. Another 'Quirky Florida Law'.
I will not be surprised if Zimmerman sues a few folks for conspiracy to deprive him of a fair trial.
While I don't believe either of them was an innocent Billy Budd character
another wrong wouldn't make this right.
old jim