Is Curling Really as Boring as Watching Paint Dry?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pengwuino
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Russian
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
36 replies · 6K views
I'd just really like to see Dodgeball in the summer games. That would so totally rock!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
shmoe said:
No skill? The driver does have sterring control you know, and if they don't stay in control they are in a world of hurt. I've never tried bobsleigh, but I'm betting a great degree of skill is involved in rocketing down a tube of ice at well over 100km/hr and not dying in the process. I don't think the brakeman does much during the run itself, but they do provide the bulk of the initial speed in the two-man and have tremendous strength and power.

I think they time to the 100th of a second no? At least that's what the standings show, same as most timed events.
I will never, ever consider that a sport where a 45-year old, pot-bellied Bavarian drunkard can go to the top, as happened a few Olympics ago.
And the do count in the 1000th of a second.
 
arildno said:
I will never, ever consider that a sport where a 45-year old, pot-bellied Bavarian drunkard can go to the top, as happened a few Olympics ago.
And the do count in the 1000th of a second.
Are you kidding! That's now my new favourite sport!
 
TheStatutoryApe said:
Are you kidding! That's now my new favourite sport!
Thanks for joining me on the other side of the fence.
But, really, what's so attractive about pot-bellied Bavarian drunkards??
 
I would LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE DODGEBALL!
 
FredGarvin said:
When you see a really good game and a stone gets just the right spin to hook behind a blocker to make a score, you're in heaven. Curling is a great game. Just because you Nintendo generation sugar addicts have the attention span of a gnat on esspresso doesn't mean the sport is bad.

:smile:

I saw it for the first time several months ago. I didn't mind it and actually watched the entire program, whatever it was.
 
I wouldn't watch a whole game though.

It doesn't get intense until after the 5th.

It's a boring game, but it is occasionally exciting. That doesn't justify the idea that it is easy though.