Is Gravity Emergent? Answers to Pre-Big Bang Questions

  • Level: High School 
  • Thread starter Thread starter wolram
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Emergent Gravity
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Messages
4,411
Reaction score
552
I thing by my logic that gravity must have been at the pre bang stage, but then what did came first gravity or mass?
 
  • Skeptical
Likes   Reactions: weirdoguy
Astronomy news on Phys.org
wolram said:
I thing by my logic that gravity must have been at the pre bang stage, but then what did came first gravity or mass?
Gravity curves spacetime. It doesn't require that mass exists. Mass is one possible source of gravity, others are e.g. radiation or the Cosmological Constant.
So from this it seems the question "what did came first gravity or mass?" doesn't make sense.
 
wolram said:
I thing by my logic that gravity must have been at the pre bang stage

Personal speculations are not allowed here. Discussions should be based on valid references, not your "logic".

wolram said:
what did came first gravity or mass?

This question is not well-defined since both "gravity" and "mass" are ambiguous terms. I suggest that you consult some references and start a new thread with a better defined question that has a better basis. This thread is closed.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: weirdoguy