Is it ever okay to ask what your phd offer status is?

  • Topic: Programs 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Ai52487963
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Phd
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
Ai52487963
Messages
111
Reaction score
0
I attended a workshop for phd interviews a couple of weeks ago and basically had two positions I was gunning for. A few days after the workshop I got an immediate rejection from one, but the other has yet to email me almost 2 weeks after. The deadline for accepting/declining offers was supposed to be 10 days and there are 3 people (including myself) going for 2 phd positions.

Should I email the guy and ask if I'm out of the running? Would doing so destroy my chances in case the guy sending out the offers has just been extraordinarily lazy?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
On the contrary. E-mail him and make clear that you are still interested. (Don't ask if they still consider you). Not following up may be regarded as lack of interest.