Is it possible to create a C++/C# app for monitoring CPU temperature?

  • Topic: C/C++ 
  • Thread starter Thread starter sweetjones
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    App cpu
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
sweetjones
Messages
44
Reaction score
0
Hi All,

I have done a lot of searching and it seems like a lot of people ask this same question but no real answers. I'm wanting to create an app that reads the cpu temp constantly. I want to create this in a windows form gui, but since this information is so scarce i'll settle for a console app. The only information I see available is WMI classes, but no helpful info on how to access the necessary data to read from the mobo's bios or cpu chip. I know there are a lot of programs that does this, but I want to create my own. The fact that there are lots of programs shows that this is possible, but it seems like the info on how to do it is slim to none. I would appreciate any info on this.

Thanx in Advance!
 
Physics news on Phys.org