Is it possible to create weightless rotors using magnetic fields?

• Thread starter MReX19985
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Magnetics
In summary: Just for a moment, consider the magnets replaced by elastic bands. They are...Just for a moment, consider the magnets replaced by elastic bands. They are...Just for a moment, consider the magnets replaced by elastic bands. They are...
MReX19985
Hello
I had an idea a while ago
If we have an electric motor with 8 poles where all poles are the same (north or south) 360 degree
And rotor is iron core which can have eddy current

What came in my mind is the rotor will be wightless but don't know what will happen

Perfect use of this idea is vehicle brakes with no contact

Another thing came in mind is why useing high current when we can use high voltage with littel amerage where we have a very amount of gauss and reducing heat on rotor

Looking forward to see your opinions,Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
MReX19985 said:
And rotor is iron core which can have eddy current

What came in my mind is the rotor will be wightless
Why would the rotor be weightless, it is iron. Iron is not weightless.

MReX19985 said:
Perfect use of this idea is vehicle brakes with no contact
Yes, eddy currents are commonly used as a no-contact braking mechanism

Likes MReX19985
Dale said:
Why would the rotor be weightless, it is iron. Iron is not weightless.

Yes, eddy currents are commonly used as a no-contact braking mechanism

Well thanks for your replay and sorry my question was not clear

In my thinking rotor would be wightless becase of the magnatic field will pull it 360 degree, am i right?

The part two is to make this breaks act as a motor and i saw the stepper motor, make the stator poles do steps simultaneously 8 poles (3 right 3 left) 2 off

Make motor pull insted of repelling with hight voltage low current

MReX19985 said:
In my thinking rotor would be wightless becase of the magnatic field will pull it 360 degree, am i right?

The part two is to make this breaks act as a motor and i saw the stepper motor, make the stator poles do steps simultaneously 8 poles (3 right 3 left) 2 off

I like your curiosity and inventiveness. However, to succeed in engineering, you have to do a lot more work than just throw out ideas. You need to do calculations to be sure things will work before presenting those ideas to others. In English we have a saying, "Ideas are a dime a dozen." Which means we can have more ideas than there are grains of sand in the Sahara Desert, but they are of little value without the extra effort to sort the good ones from the bad ones.

I urge you to continue your studies. If you study engineering, you will learn tools and methods you can use to evaluate ideas.

Likes MReX19985
anorlunda said:
I like your curiosity and inventiveness. However, to succeed in engineering, you have to do a lot more work than just throw out ideas. You need to do calculations to be sure things will work before presenting those ideas to others. In English we have a saying, "Ideas are a dime a dozen." Which means we can have more ideas than there are grains of sand in the Sahara Desert, but they are of little value without the extra effort to sort the good ones from the bad ones.

I urge you to continue your studies. If you study engineering, you will learn tools and methods you can use to evaluate ideas.

Thanks sir you answered my question
I have everything i need , But work

I'm already planned to work on this project to come up with revolutionary invention sounds too big , But that makes me feel comfortable

But i made this topic because i had douts

MReX19985 said:
But i made this topic because i had douts
unfortunately is seems you don't want to listen to advice concerning your doubts :frown:

MReX19985 said:
I'm already planned to work on this project to come up with revolutionary invention sounds too big

And without a strong physics and engineering background, do you really think you could come up with something that hasn't already been thought of ?
You can't play the game if you don't know the rules :wink:Dave

Likes MReX19985
davenn said:
unfortunately is seems you don't want to listen to advice concerning your doubts :frown:
And without a strong physics and engineering background, do you really think you could come up with something that hasn't already been thought of ?
You can't play the game if you don't know the rules :wink:Dave

I'm a good listener, Need advice that's why i have douts about myself,

I used to educate myself everyday on the internet and seen a lot of useful things online

Thanks Dave

Likes davenn
MReX19985 said:
Just for a moment, consider the magnets replaced by elastic bands. They are pulling 360 degrees in all directions (just like the magnets were).

Does that make the core weightless? No.

Likes MReX19985
DaveC426913 said:
Just for a moment, consider the magnets replaced by elastic bands. They are pulling 360 degrees in all directions (just like the magnets were).

Does that make the core weightless? No.

LOL, that not what i meant, for a moment you are right but what gives the wight is gravity which is made from the earth

I'm talking about a small gravity made from strong manatic field (electromagnets) about 200 tesla 200 volts 200,000,000,000 gauss

In the end i can't talk too much until i prove it physically

MReX19985 said:
Current motor designs both attract AND repel - flipping at the moment of closest approach.

threepolemotorforces.gif

http://www.dynamicscience.com.au/tester/solutions1/electric/3poledcmotot.htmlIf you were to make a motor that only attracts, it would not be as strong/fast/powerful as a modern motor.

Attachments

• threepolemotorforces.gif
    threepolemotorforces.gif
    487 KB · Views: 449
Likes MReX19985
MReX19985 said:
LOL, that not what i meant, for a moment you are right but what gives the wight is gravity which is made from the earth

I'm talking about a small gravity made from strong manatic field (electromagnets) about 200 tesla 200 volts 200,000,000,000 gauss

In the end i can't talk too much until i prove it physically

I don't know what you're getting at, but it appears to be beyond the realm of current science and therefore doesn't belong here on PF. If you believe I am mistaken please contact myself or another mentor.

Thread locked.

1. What is magnetism?

Magnetism is a fundamental force of nature that causes certain materials, such as iron and nickel, to attract or repel each other. It is caused by the movement of electric charges in the atoms of these materials.

2. How does a magnet work?

A magnet works by creating a magnetic field around itself. This field is strongest at the poles of the magnet and weaker in between. When another magnet or a piece of iron is brought near the magnet, the magnetic field causes it to be attracted or repelled.

3. Can magnets lose their magnetic force?

Yes, magnets can lose their magnetic force over time. This is known as demagnetization and can be caused by heat, physical shock, or exposure to a strong magnetic field in the opposite direction. However, some materials, like neodymium, can retain their magnetic force for a very long time.

4. How are magnets used in everyday life?

Magnets have many everyday uses, such as in compasses, speakers, and refrigerator magnets. They are also used in industrial and medical applications, such as in MRI machines and generators.

5. Can magnets be dangerous?

While magnets can be dangerous if misused, they are generally considered safe for everyday use. However, strong magnets can interfere with medical devices like pacemakers, and swallowing small magnets can be harmful if they stick together inside the body. It is important to handle magnets with caution and keep them away from electronic devices and children.