Miike012 Messages 1,009 Reaction score 0 Thread starter Nov 3, 2013 #1 Question are in paint doc. My answer is in red... I believe the answer is 4 and not 5. Please someone let me know if I'm correct. Attachments DDDDD.jpg 11 KB · Views: 492
Question are in paint doc. My answer is in red... I believe the answer is 4 and not 5. Please someone let me know if I'm correct.
mfb Mentor Insights Author Messages 37,545 Reaction score 14,425 Nov 4, 2013 #2 The single-slit minimum cannot be at the 5th fringe on one side, as this has to be bright. The minimum has to be between 5 and 6, so the second minimum is somewhere between 10 and 12 (not inclusive). This gives 5 or 6 as possible answers.
The single-slit minimum cannot be at the 5th fringe on one side, as this has to be bright. The minimum has to be between 5 and 6, so the second minimum is somewhere between 10 and 12 (not inclusive). This gives 5 or 6 as possible answers.