Is there a calculus requirement in Europe for Biophysics?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
Savian
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
I saw the roadmap of my university of and there is no calculus for biophysics, as soon as there is no calculus for medicine, as for example there is in the US. My question is if there is calculus for biophysics in Europe and in the US.

Adendum: there is only calculus in Brazil for medicine in a postgraduation for nephrology and hemodynamics.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I didnt' find the answer in any place. Thanks, Gleem!
 
Savian said:
I didnt' find the answer in any place

The Biophysical Society is an international society and the reference is only a recommendation. Individual universities may choose not to to adopt these recommendations. However since this is a consensus of practicing biophysicists I would follow the recommendations.
 
Well Biophysics contains that word - physics. I personally do not think anyone in their right mind would study any area of physics without calculus. For example there is no way to understand mechanics at university level without it - and that is pretty foundational in any area of physics. I would consider it mandatory regardless of what the actual admission requirement was.

Thanks
Bill