Is There a Lack of Research on Pyrolytic Diamond?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Intuitive
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Articles Diamond
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 4K views
Intuitive
Messages
270
Reaction score
0
I have searched the web top to bottem for any articles on Pyrolytic Diamond, I am starting to believe that nobody has thought of doing such a material Experiment.

There are tons of articles on Pyrolytic Graphite but none of Pyrolytic Diamond.

I am aware that Pyrolytic Graphite Levitates on strong Magnetic fields at room temperature, Maybe Pyrolytic Diamond will be stronger in Diamagnetism than Pyrolytic Graphite at room temperature.

Also, I have not found any experiments using Liquid Nitrogen on Pyrolytic Graphite for determining its super cooled properties.:smile:
 
Chemistry news on Phys.org
Diamond is formed in some very special processes, and I believe that pyrolytic carbon does not form diamond. There are several companies that produce industrial diamond, e.g. Norton http://www.norton-diamond.com/

GE developed a process for high quality diamonds, and apparently sold the technology. http://www.abrasivesnet.com/en/news/littlejohn.html
 
Last edited by a moderator: