erty
- 26
- 0
These are some of the very fundamental things about the wave/particle-duality, I do not understand:
1) Do photons have a mass?
2) Do particles have a frequency? [tex]E = hf[/tex], how do I interpret this?
3) [tex]E = mc^2[/tex] and [tex]E = hf[/tex]. I've seen these two equations combined into [tex]mc^2 = hf[/tex], indicating that a photon does have a mass. I can't see why the to equations are combined, the E's in the equations are about something different.
1) Do photons have a mass?
2) Do particles have a frequency? [tex]E = hf[/tex], how do I interpret this?
3) [tex]E = mc^2[/tex] and [tex]E = hf[/tex]. I've seen these two equations combined into [tex]mc^2 = hf[/tex], indicating that a photon does have a mass. I can't see why the to equations are combined, the E's in the equations are about something different.
Last edited: