Is there a way to retrieve a lost file in MS Word 2003?

  • Thread starter Thread starter FrostScYthe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    File Lost
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 3K views
FrostScYthe
Messages
80
Reaction score
0
Hi everyone,

I have the following problem. I saved a file and when I was going to open it, it didn't have the changes I made to it, it was a completely different file. Does anyone know what might have happened and if there's a way to retrieve it? I use Microsoft Word 2003

Thank you,

John
 
Physics news on Phys.org
You're saying that the original file without the changes now has a different name than the original and a search of the old name doesn't find the file? Can you be a bit more specific?

When you say "retrieve" do you mean find your changes? If the changes weren't actually saved, there would be nothing to retrieve.

Have you looked at your recently viewed documents list?
 
I think what s/he means is that the file is the same (ie same name), just the content went awry.
 
not that I know of. If it was SAVED and than deleted, than there is a way
 
Well, the file was saved, it might have been overwritten. If in fact was, is there a way to find it, does MS Word make backups of previous versions?