Is there an engineering equivalent to physicsgre.com?

In summary, GradCafe is the engineering equivalent to physicsgre.com, serving as a popular forum for graduate school applicants to discuss admissions, funding, and other related topics. It has specific sections for different engineering disciplines and while there is no specific section for graduate school rankings, users can still find information and discuss rankings in the general or discipline-specific forums. Other websites that provide similar resources for engineering graduate school applicants include Engineering Grad School Forum and Engineering Forums, but they may not be as actively used as GradCafe.
Xibalba
Well, is there? :shy:

Physics news on Phys.org
Not from ETS, the company that provides the GRE.

The test which is roughly equivalent is the Fundamentals of Engineering, FE, administered by National Council of Examiners for Engineering and Surveying

http://www.ncees.org/exams/fundamentals/

This is a prelude to the The Principles and Practice (PE/PS) exams, which are usually a requirement for a professional engineer license.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe he was talking about the forum website and not the actual exam :)

ps. If there is one I personally don't know it, although I am sure they're out there to some extent

What is engineering equivalent to physicsgre.com?

The engineering equivalent to physicsgre.com is GradCafe, which is a forum for graduate school applicants to discuss admissions, funding, and other topics related to engineering programs.

Is GradCafe as popular as physicsgre.com?

Yes, GradCafe is a popular website for engineering graduate school applicants, with a similar user base and active discussion forums.

Are there specific sections on GradCafe for different engineering disciplines?

Yes, GradCafe has specific forums for various engineering disciplines, such as mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, and computer science. Users can post and discuss topics related to their specific field of interest.

Can I find information on engineering graduate school rankings on GradCafe?

While GradCafe does not have a specific section for engineering graduate school rankings, users can discuss and share information about rankings in the general forums or in the specific discipline forums.

Are there any other websites similar to physicsgre.com for engineering graduate school applicants?

Apart from GradCafe, other websites that provide resources and forums for engineering graduate school applicants include Engineering Grad School Forum and Engineering Forums. However, these websites may not be as active or popular as GradCafe.