Is there any USB device for simulating

Is there any USB device for simulating......

hi

Is it posiible to generate analog signal from a USB device. The data to be generated as analog signal is stored in usb or PC to which it is connected ?

thanks

Answers and Replies

f95toli
Science Advisor
Gold Member

are you trying to control something with the output signal, if so, then you'll need a micro-controller. For pure analog or digital data-acquisition, the other posters are on the right track, I've used this $20 piece before. dataq d-155.

Yea but only up to like 2 amps or something like that right? I think you would need something like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Arduino-Star...item335f01dfa0

As far as I know, most DACs are current limited to 20mA per output anyway. If you needed more current, you would push it to a transistor or relay controlling a larger current. Also, he needs to generate analogue signals and I don't see that mentioned on the Arduino.

I really think a good mid-range DAQ is required, there seems to be a gap in the market.

8 Channels - 4-in/4-out
16/24 bit ADC
2 Msps per channel
USB

Something like this for $100, or so, I think would sell really well.

yes for for analog, you are correct, I'm thinking of building a controller myself but i'll dig deeper into it later.

thanks all.
actually the idea came because of this.
So I thought I could pre-generate a fixed length data either in Scilab or Matlab, and
produce the analog signal accordingly.
I also saw ideas using PC/laptop sound card, but that needs conversion of data (csv, xls, txt etc) into mp3, wav format , which I feel is very tough.

any more suggestions appreciated.