Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Is there really ?

1. Jun 27, 2005 #1

JamesU

Gold Member

Is there really a website that will let you get a FREE .com name? not free with hosing or $3.00 a month, I mean like, FREE.

I've found some, but I think they sell your info

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 28, 2005 #2

Evo

Staff: Mentor

There is always a catch with "free" anything. No one is in business to lose money. Not for long at least. :tongue2:

4. Jun 28, 2005 #3

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Maybe if they put advertisements all over your website without giving you the revenue

5. Jun 28, 2005 #4
    Yes, there are advertisement supported Domains, and a lot of ad-supported sub domains you can get, but they usually have lousy bandwidth and limited... whatever you call it, how much data you can upload.

You could get some billionaire (or even someone less wealthy) to support your site, or take donations if you're doing something constructive with it.

6. Jun 28, 2005 #5

JamesU

Gold Member

we're taking donations, but we only have like 18 members, most of whom don't even know the site exists. so danations=0.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?