Is this Graphing Calculator good?

In summary, the conversation discusses the quality and features of the TI-89 calculator and suggests considering one's calculation needs before purchasing such an expensive device. Some individuals prefer using pencil and paper, while others recommend the HP 48GX for its versatility. The conversation also mentions a website that supports the TI-89 as a top choice for graphing calculators."
Computer science news on Phys.org
It looks like it is pretty good. It looks like it has many of the features of the TI-89

it looks great !

It IS very expensive! Consider what calculations you will perform with it. If the most advanced types of calculations are elementary transcendental functions (exponential, logarithmic, trigonometric and hyperbolic), this can be done by any regular scientific calculator. You can also perform common statistical calculation on two-variable samples. If you need a ploting tool, you should start learning some specialized program, like MATLAB or mathematica.

I use it and wouldn't switch to anything else. It has a nice little geek factor to it as well.

real geeks use pencil and paper.

I agree with d. But if you buy it, goodness, please use it and only that! I mean, it also depends what you are using it for. But if you are looking for the best, go for the Palm TX, well...actually go for the HP 48GX, THE best, especially in high school and college. You can do most everything on it.
Let's see, graphing calculators? TI-89 is the best here because getting anything fancier is a waste of money. I would explain, but I have better things to do. Look, go to this website
http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/01/25/0611218
They agree with me. Good luck finding a calculator.

Mr.Penguin

What are the main features of this graphing calculator?

The main features of this graphing calculator include a large display screen, the ability to graph multiple equations and functions, and various built-in functions for advanced calculations.

How does this graphing calculator compare to other models on the market?

This graphing calculator is considered to be one of the top models on the market due to its advanced features, user-friendly interface, and durable design. It is also often praised for its accuracy and reliability in calculations.

Is this graphing calculator suitable for high school or college level math courses?

Yes, this graphing calculator is suitable for both high school and college level math courses. It has the capability to perform complex calculations and graph various equations, making it a valuable tool for students in a range of math courses.

Can this graphing calculator be used for standardized tests like the SAT or ACT?

Yes, this graphing calculator is approved for use on standardized tests such as the SAT and ACT. However, it is important to check the specific guidelines for the test you are taking to ensure it is allowed.

Does this graphing calculator have a warranty or customer support?

Yes, this graphing calculator typically comes with a warranty and may also have customer support available. It is recommended to register your calculator with the manufacturer to ensure your warranty is valid and to take advantage of any customer support options.