Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Calculators Is this Graphing Calculator good?

1. Jun 20, 2010 #1
    Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 21, 2010 #2
    It looks like it is pretty good. It looks like it has many of the features of the TI-89

4. Jun 22, 2010 #3
    it looks great !

5. Jun 22, 2010 #4
    It IS very expensive! Consider what calculations you will perform with it. If the most advanced types of calculations are elementary transcendental functions (exponential, logarithmic, trigonometric and hyperbolic), this can be done by any regular scientific calculator. You can also perform common statistical calculation on two-variable samples. If you need a ploting tool, you should start learning some specialized program, like matlab or mathematica.

6. Jun 27, 2010 #5
    I use it and wouldn't switch to anything else. It has a nice little geek factor to it as well.

7. Jun 28, 2010 #6
    real geeks use pencil and paper.

8. Jun 29, 2010 #7
    I agree with d. But if you buy it, goodness, please use it and only that! I mean, it also depends what you are using it for. But if you are looking for the best, go for the Palm TX, well....actually go for the HP 48GX, THE best, especially in high school and college. You can do most everything on it.
    Let's see, graphing calculators? TI-89 is the best here because getting anything fancier is a waste of money. I would explain, but I have better things to do. Look, go to this website
    http://ask.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=07/01/25/0611218
    They agree with me. Good luck finding a calculator.

Mr.Penguin

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook