Determine all support reactions for the system shown. Indicate the resultant magnitudes and direction angles of the unknowns. Neglect thickness and self-weights of the members.
Equilibrium equations of a rigid body:
1. The moment about any point is zero: M_o = 0
2. The sum of the x components is zero: F_x = 0
3. The sum of the y components is zero: F_y = 0
The Attempt at a Solution
First I drew a FBD to determine...
1. point A has two force components, A_x (-x), A_y (+y).
2. point D is a two force member, thus it has two components: Dcos(theta)(+x), Dsin(theta)(+y)
3. point C force is (2000kg*9.8m/s^2)(-y)
I then plugged this info to three equations to find:
1. D = 7800 Nm / ( sin(theta)*m + cos(theta)*1.5m )
2. D = A_x/cos(theta)
3. A_y = 19600 N - Dsin(theta)
I don't have enough information to solve this problem. So I don't know what to do.
Is it possible to solve this problem? What should I do?