Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Javascript Setup: What am I doing Wrong?

Tags:
  1. Apr 8, 2014 #1

TheDemx27

Gold Member

I should be able to figure this out myself, I know.

All it will display is text in html: It won't run any js. I am completely new to any sort of web programming and I've been searching the interwebs for hours. I'm using mongoose as my web server, and sublime 2 as my text editor.

JFKDLSF_zps5f48687f.png

Building returns :
    Code (Text):
    The system cannot find the file specified
    [cmd:  [u'python', u'-u', u'C:\\Users\\Demx\\Desktop\\Programming\\index.html']]
    [dir:  C:\Users\Demx\Desktop\Programming]
    [path: C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\110\Tools\Binn\;c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;c:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\]
    [Finished]
    I don't know why it is saying anything about python...

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 9, 2014 #2
    What do you mean by building? JavaScript is interpreted by the web browser.

Also you don't need a server for html and JavaScript. Just open the file in the browser by double clicking on it. In your web browser, you can open up the web console where error messages will be reported.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  4. Apr 9, 2014 #3

Borek

Staff: Mentor

Are you sure it is not main.js or phaser.min.js that looks for python?

5. Apr 9, 2014 #4

TheDemx27

Gold Member

Solved it myself, for some reason sublime doesn't check for javascript? I installed node and added it as a custom "build system". Close the thread.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook