1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

K'NEX Rollercoaster - Fushigi

1. Mar 20, 2017 #1
    Hello Physics Formums, because of constructive feedback I have decided to create a K'NEX Rollercoaster that uses a Fushigi Gravity Ball instead of the standard K'NEX cars. I thought of the design while I was doing chemistry homework, and after I finished my homework I got to work. Two days later I completed it! Here is the video.

Thank you and please comment with any questions!

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 20, 2017 #2

anorlunda

Staff: Mentor

I like it, :smile: This time your structure is very rigid. Good for you.
    If it was very much bigger, it may not be rigid enough and the ball might fall off the track. How would you improve that?

You also did well adapting existing roller coaster designs for lifting the car up the first hill. No need to reinvent the wheel if you don't have to.

If you decide to study engineering, I think you'll do well.

4. Mar 20, 2017 #3
    Thank you anorlunda, I plan to make a larger more complicated rollercoaster. I think that a vertical lift would be very efficient.

5. Mar 20, 2017 #4

anorlunda

Staff: Mentor

How to prevent it from shaking when the ball goes around the curve?

6. Mar 20, 2017 #5
    The ball never goes around a curve very fast and I built the substructure very substantially.

7. Apr 2, 2017 #6
    Here is a time lapse of the above video

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted