Laminar and turbulent flow on dripping blood

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
helpmehelpme
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Can laminar and turbulent flow be used to explain dripping blood? Be it blood dripping from a weapon/ impacting on an uneven surface?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
helpmehelpme said:
Can laminar and turbulent flow be used to explain dripping blood? Be it blood dripping from a weapon/ impacting on an uneven surface?
Welcome to the PF.

I would think most of the flow is laminar and viscous (until the impact you mention), but I'm no expert in fluid flow (you will get replies from those experts here as well). What reading have you done about your question? Here is an article that you may find helpful:

https://physics.aps.org/story/v4/st9
e9_1_medium.jpg
 
Attachments
  • e9_1_medium.jpg
    e9_1_medium.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 480
helpmehelpme said:
Can laminar and turbulent flow be used to explain dripping blood? Be it blood dripping from a weapon/ impacting on an uneven surface?
I would not refer to a dripping liquid as "flowing", no.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: berkeman
I'm unclear about the question. What are you trying to explain about dripping?
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: russ_watters