LED accent lights on motorbike with relay circuit

  • Thread starter Thread starter evilfreddie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Lights
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
6 replies · 2K views
evilfreddie
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Hello all i want to put some led lights onto my motorbike and i just wanted to know that this circuit is correct and yes I've drawn some leds the wrong way round. I want.to use a relay so that the current( even tho should be less than 1amp ) doesn't go though the switch although shoulnt really need it i think
Cheers
Tia
 
Attachments
  • 1461069760413.jpg
    1461069760413.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 481
Engineering news on Phys.org
Relays can be tricky. Read the data sheet and app notes carefully.
 
Me too added some blue LED lights on my bike. I did everything correctly but still it wasn't worked. After analyzing everything still unable to the find root cause of the problem and finally one my uncle who is senior electrician NJ helped me solve the problem.
 
In the wiring diagram, the group of diodes on the left will not light. They are wired "back to back", i.e. in each series pair one diode will be back biased regardless of applied polarity. The diode group on the right of the diagram looks fine.
 
evilfreddie said:
... and i just wanted to know that this circuit is correct and yes I've drawn some leds the wrong way round.
It is noted on the circuit diagram.