Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Leonard Susskind : Quantum Mechanics

1. Jun 19, 2008 #1

dx

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 20, 2008 #2

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

They're set to private dx. A shame because they look and excellent resource.

4. Jun 20, 2008 #3
  5. Jun 20, 2008 #4

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

(Must study scientific method). Its one of those days today. :redface:

6. Jun 20, 2008 #5

dx

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

what do you mean? I was able to watch all of them.

7. Jun 20, 2008 #6

Kurdt

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The first lecture video says its a private video and I can't watch. The others seem ok though.

8. Jun 20, 2008 #7
    From what I can tell, that listing is missing a video, too. All ten lectures are available as free iTunesU podcasts, as are Susskind's classical mechanics and special relativity lectures. I haven't watched them yet (on my to do list!), but just by looking at the lengths of the videos, it seems like a rather short class, with only 20 hours...Of course, it is called the "theoretical minimum" and is meant for continuing studies students.

9. Jun 20, 2008 #8

dx

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

The link on the play list doesn't seem to work but if you search for "leonard susskind quantum mechanics 1" on youtube and click on it there it works.

10. Jun 20, 2008 #9
    wow, this is great. I wasl looking for video lectures on quantum mechanics. Thanks for the link

11. Jul 8, 2008 #10
    His lectures aren't as mathematically rigorous as they should be and he doesn't really expand on any concepts. It's the only set of quantum mechanics lectures on the web though, so beggers can't be choosers.

12. Jul 30, 2008 #11
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2010
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?