Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Liberate all the matter from a black hole

1. Jan 21, 2012 #1
    So lets say that in my universe Dark energy would get stronger with time.

Could it liberate all the matter stucked on the black hole with suficient repulsive energy?

if not

What if i got dark energy of infinite repulsive energy?

What happens to the black hole????

Does all the matter gets liberated from the gravity of the black hole?

CRAZY i know...

Thought*(don't know how to edit the title)

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 21, 2012 #2

Simon Bridge

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

Re: I think i found how to liberate all the matter from a black hole...tought experim

Since it is your universe - you can make any rules you like.

Note, though, that a BH is not a place that matter gets sucked into - it is the result of having a lot of matter in one place. You don't hoover matter out of it like you are describing.

4. Jan 21, 2012 #3
    Re: I think i found how to liberate all the matter from a black hole...tought experim

Why not? gravity is holding it there isnt it ? what if i got enaugh repulsive energy to overcome that gravity?

5. Jan 21, 2012 #4

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

We cannot get infinite dark energy, and black holes are not thought to work that way, so your answer is no, we cannot get the matter out of a black hole.

6. Jan 21, 2012 #5

Simon Bridge

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

You'd release a lot of energy.

The exact effect would depend on exactly how you went about it.
    But what you just suggested is ironing space-time flat. What is gravity, anyway?
    As Drakkith says - not how it works.

Set up the rules in your universe right and all that energy pops into existence as a big pink rabbit.

You seem to be imagining a black holes as a kind of bag of the sort you can take things out of... which is the main problem here. Other than your constraints being a little ... unconstrained. Remember - you can make up any kind of universe you like - perhaps you'll be happier in a sci-fi forum?

Otherwise: what is the physics you are trying to explore here?

7. Jan 21, 2012 #6

i think that yes black holes are tought that way .
    compact objects of infinite density holding all the matter that goes through the event horizon just like earth holds me to the ground, the only difference is that nothing can come out of its gravitanional attraction unless going faster then light.
    I just dont see how a repulsive force stronger then the attractive force of a black hole could not free its matter of the gravitational attraction

8. Jan 21, 2012 #7

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Because the gravitational strength would get stronger as you get closer to the singularity if it exists. At that point it would take an infinite amount of force to disrupt the singularity.

9. Jan 21, 2012 #8

a bag of the sort i can take things out of ...not really.
    a compact object of the like of a star , yes

i see black holes for what they are, very dense object with immense gravitational force

10. Jan 21, 2012 #9

So infinite repulsive energy VS infinite attractive energy

i wonder what would happen

11. Jan 21, 2012 #10

Theoretical physics but you can call it science fiction.
    Given that we know litle about dark energy and that it may or not get stronger with time i think that we need to adress the issue of dark energy and black holes. What if in trillions of years all that is left of our universe is supermassive blackholes scattered throughout the cosmos and that suddenly dark energy gets strong enaugh to release all the inormation that these black holes contain. Multi Big bang theory YES! thats the name of my theory!

12. Jan 21, 2012 #11

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Flights of fancy can be interesting but if you want to do any good for your own brain, you would likely find it more helpful to think about actual physics.

13. Jan 21, 2012 #12

this is physics

14. Jan 21, 2012 #13

Simon Bridge

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

OK - show us the physics.

15. Jan 21, 2012 #14

working on it

16. Jan 21, 2012 #15

DaveC426913

Gold Member

Our current laws of SR and GR prohibit infinities. Sorry.

The reason things cannot escape a black hole is that the escape velocity exceeds the speed of light.

Since no mass can reach, let alone exceed the speed of light, no amount dark energy or any other fanciful evocation can extract it.

PF forbids wild speculation. This thread is definitely wild speculation. ugalpha, please read the PF rules on overly-speculative posts.
    https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=414380

I don't know how it survived 24 hours already but ... lock commencing... 10 ... 9 ... 8 ...

Great. When you publish it in a peer-reviewed journal, please be sure to return and point us at it, we will be very interested.

17. Jan 21, 2012 #16

im not talking about anything beyond the event horizon escaping the gravity of the black hole. im talking about completly bursting it open with a stronger repulsive energy

18. Jan 21, 2012 #17

Simon Bridge

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

... lets see if I understand you:

if the universe goes through a stage where there are only SMBHs
    if dark energy interacts with BHs to release their "information"
    if dark energy increases

then dark energy may possibly increases enough to release this information
    in which case, maybe you'd get a flood of degenerate energy.
    ... see the problem?

Can you support any of these ifs?

Now you seem to be thinking of dark energy as some sort of magic anti-gravity.
    Perhaps you mean one of these:
    ... what you have described is a cyclic universe.

19. Jan 21, 2012 #18

DaveC426913

Gold Member

This is not science.

See post 15.

Write short replies.

20. Jan 21, 2012 #19

you sound more like a catholic inquisitor than a science advisor to be honnest.

let me advise you:

Imagination is more important than knowledge
    A.E

21. Jan 21, 2012 #20

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

Hey, Dave, I see we've got another live one ... you inquisitor you :rofl:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook