Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Life and matter in exotic spatial conditions

1. Apr 26, 2015 #1
    I know this is the Physics Forums and not the Biology Forums, but I feel that this question is more on the physics side of the spectrum than the biology side.

What potential effects could the existence of a hypothetical, unusually warped spacetime, where there were naturally-occurring curves and loops and twists and other such anomalies, have on the formation of life and stars and other things of that nature?

And if that's too broad a question, I suppose a narrower version will suffice: what is the relationship between the topology of space and the states of matter and structures within that space?

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 26, 2015 #2

phinds

Gold Member
    2016 Award

I think you'll need to define how you think the "hypothetical, unusually warped spacetime, where there were naturally-occurring curves and loops and twists and other such anomalies" could actually occur, otherwise you are just asking "if the laws of physics did not apply, what would the laws of physics say about <insert any nonsense you like> ?"

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook