Are you sure that the problem is not
limx→0+(sin(x))x
Meaning only a right sided limit. Instead of both sides.
The reason why I ask is because of something we will get to in a second.
Your step here is good!
limx→0ln(y)⇒limx→0xln(sin(x))
But don't take the limit of both sides but instead only take Ln( ).
ln(y)⇒limx→0+xln(sin(x)) This is what you want to have.
Now, see that x in front of the Ln? How can we rewrite it to put into LHopitals form?
We can say x = 1/x-1
so now we have
ln(y)⇒limx→0ln(sin(x))/x-1
ln(y)⇒limx→0ln(sin(x))/(1/x)
Now graph Ln(sin(x)) on your calculator.
You will see that this graph is only a 1 sided limit coming from the right. So that's why I think that was a typo in your original problem.
Notice that limx→0+ln(sin(x)) is -[itex]\infty[/itex]
and limx→0+1/x is +[itex]\infty[/itex]
That means -[itex]\infty[/itex]/[itex]\infty[/itex] Yea! Now we can use LHopitals rule!
I'll let you finish it. Just use LHopitals rule on
ln(y)⇒limx→0ln(sin(x))/(1/x)
But don't forget after you do that, you still need to solve it for y.
So change from Log form to exponent form in the very end.
Also I had a question to the people who post here.
This is my very first post, I'm brand new.
Why can we not give complete worked out solutions to the people asking question?
I really don't understand why you can't. What's the reason. Thanks.