Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Load carrying behavior of shells

1. Jan 29, 2008 #1
    Does anyone has some literature or any idea about this topic?More precisely i would like to know about the local and global effects due to neative and positive curvature.Thanks!
  2. jcsd
  3. Jan 29, 2008 #2

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Can you be more specific? Have you looked at ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel code? Have you looked at Roark's? What kind of loading conditions are you looking at?
  4. Jan 29, 2008 #3

Homework Helper

Do you mean bending behavior of shells under loads?? what approach are you looking for? finite element analysis?
  5. Jan 30, 2008 #4
    I mean local and global effects of a single load for different types of shells.That is for shells with different Gaussian quadrature.The boundary conditions don't matter as in i set for example clamped bc's.I can see the local and global effects (displacement,stresses...) in ANSYS that I am working but i would like to have some literatureon this subject.Thanks and I hope I explained it better this time.
  6. Feb 3, 2008 #5

Homework Helper

I spoke to some friends for a recommendation of a book, but they didn't give know. Anyway, when i'm looking for a book on an specific subject i usually just check in amazon and look for what it seems like genuine reviews. I looked your topic and i saw a FEA and Shells behaviour, maybe you should check that book. Good luck.
  7. Feb 6, 2008 #6
    Thanks very much for the book!
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?