Login Issues: Workaround for Cache Software Bug

• Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, there were some login issues due to a bug in the cache software. The cache system has been disabled while the issue is being fixed, but users can avoid the issue by checking the "keep logged in" checkbox during login. The cache system has now been re-enabled with adjustments made. If there are any further login issues, please let us know.
We are aware of some login issues. We're testing some cache software and there appears to be a bug. We'll work to get it correct asap, but in the meantime, you can work around this issue by making sure you click the "keep logged in" checkbox during login.

Likes kith, PhanthomJay, m4r35n357 and 4 others
Physics news on Phys.org
We have disabled the cache system while we work on a fix. Login should be back to normal.

Likes Wrichik Basu and m4r35n357
We're going to enable the new cache system again after making some adjustments. Please let us know if you have login issues again. Thanks!

You'all are "going to enable", but not said when. I will continue logging in with KEEP ME LOGGED IN until I find some other information about this.

ONE try just to see - signed in but without checkmarking "KEEP ME IN".
Post reply? You'll see post #5 THIS one if so.

It has been enabled for the past hour.

1. What is a cache software bug?

A cache software bug is an error or flaw in the programming of a cache software, which is used to temporarily store data for quick access. This bug can cause issues with logging in to a system or website.

2. How do I know if I am experiencing a cache software bug?

If you are having trouble logging in to a system or website, and have tried all other troubleshooting steps, it is possible that you are experiencing a cache software bug. This is especially likely if the issue is occurring on multiple devices or browsers.

3. What is a workaround for a cache software bug?

A workaround for a cache software bug is a temporary solution or alternative method for accessing the system or website. This may involve clearing your cache, using a different browser, or accessing the system from a different device.

4. How can I prevent cache software bugs from affecting my login?

To prevent cache software bugs from affecting your login, it is important to regularly clear your cache and update your browser and operating system. It is also helpful to use a reputable and up-to-date antivirus software to detect and remove any potential bugs.

5. Who is responsible for fixing cache software bugs?

The responsibility for fixing cache software bugs typically falls on the developers or programmers of the software. They should regularly test and update the software to ensure it is functioning properly and address any bugs that may arise.