Looking for a Quantum Mechanics book by a Polish author

In summary, the person looking for a Quantum Mechanics book written by a Polish author was looking for a book written by Wojciech Rubinowicz. The book is out of print and not available in the person's university.
phys_student1
Hi,

I tried to post this in the learning material section but was denied.

Anyway, I am looking for a Quantum Mechanics book written by a Polish author.

Clearly, I have no clue about the Author name, I only remember that he is Polish (from Poland).

Hopefully, there will be only a few QM books written by Polish authors, so if anyone know any such a book please tell me.

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Thanks tiny-tim,

Your method works if the Book is written in Polish...but the book I want is written in English, only the Author is Polish.

@physiker_192

hmmm...I will check and tell you if it is the one, but my book is old (first edition is around 1960) but let's see...

ali8 said:
Thanks tiny-tim,

Your method works if the Book is written in Polish...but the book I want is written in English, only the Author is Polish.

ah, but if he's polish, he probably produced a polish edition also :wink:

tiny-tim said:
ah, but if he's polish, he probably produced a polish edition also :wink:

Yes, I think it is Wojciech Rubinowicz book.

But it is out of print and not available either in my university :(

ali8 said:
Yes, I think it is Wojciech Rubinowicz book.

But it is out of print and not available either in my university :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wojciech_Rubinowicz

You should be able to get the book through inter-library loan.

Thanks all for that help, I will try inter-library loan and will consult our library right now.

I am in a SUNY university.

What is the best Quantum Mechanics book written by a Polish author?

The best Quantum Mechanics book written by a Polish author is "Quantum Mechanics: An Introduction" by Jan Hilgevoord and Marcin Kuś.

Are there any popular Quantum Mechanics books written by Polish authors?

Yes, there are several popular Quantum Mechanics books written by Polish authors, including "Quantum Mechanics: An Introduction" by Jan Hilgevoord and Marcin Kuś, "Quantum Mechanics for Mathematicians" by Leon Cohen, and "Quantum Mechanics: Problems and Solutions" by Stanisław Kielich.

Can you recommend a beginner-friendly Quantum Mechanics book by a Polish author?

Yes, "Quantum Mechanics: An Introduction" by Jan Hilgevoord and Marcin Kuś is a great beginner-friendly book by a Polish author. It provides a comprehensive and accessible introduction to the principles of Quantum Mechanics.

Are there any Quantum Mechanics books by Polish authors that focus on specific topics?

Yes, there are several Quantum Mechanics books by Polish authors that focus on specific topics such as "Quantum Mechanics for Mathematicians" by Leon Cohen which focuses on the mathematical foundations of Quantum Mechanics and "Quantum Mechanics: Problems and Solutions" by Stanisław Kielich which provides in-depth problem-solving exercises.

Is there a notable Polish physicist who has written a Quantum Mechanics book?

Yes, Prof. Jan Hilgevoord, who co-authored "Quantum Mechanics: An Introduction" with Marcin Kuś, is a notable Polish physicist and a leading expert in the field of Quantum Mechanics. He has also written several other books on Quantum Mechanics and Quantum Field Theory.