1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Classical Looking for supplements like "A Student's Guide to Maxwell's Equations"

1. Jul 19, 2017 #1
    A Student's Guide to Maxwell's Equations by Daniel Fleisch is the best physics book I've ever read. I just love the way it analyzes each equation. I'm looking for other books/supplements similar to it for the other branches of physics (Quantum Mechanics, Thermodynamics/Statistical Mechanics, Classical Mechanics).

I'm a physics major. I have taken linear algebra, differential equations, and mathematical methods for physics students.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 19, 2017 #2
    A Student's Guide to Waves by Fleisch

A Student's Guide to Lagrangians and Hamiltonians by Hamill

A Student's Guide to Vectors and Tensors Fleisch

A Student's Guide to Entropy by Lemons

Div, Grad, Curl, and All That: An Informal Text on Vector Calculus by Schey

Full Disclosure: Contrary to the common sentiment here, I am not fond of any of these books including the one OP mentioned :)

4. Jul 21, 2017 #3

Demystifier

Science Advisor

You might also like the Demystified series, especially the books which are written by McMahon
    https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/the-ultimate-demystifier.871588/

5. Jul 21, 2017 #4
    Interesting. I always avoided those books because I assumed they were in similar fashion to the "For Dummies" series. Also the bad reviews didn't help in persuading me, but I'll be sure to check out the quantum one.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted