Making TiO2 dissolve in acid organic

In summary, TiO2 can dissolve in acid organic solvents such as acetic acid, formic acid, and oxalic acid. The most effective way to dissolve TiO2 in these solvents is by using heat and agitation. The time it takes for TiO2 to completely dissolve can vary, but generally takes anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours. When working with TiO2 and acid organic solvents, it is important to take safety precautions such as wearing protective equipment and working in a well-ventilated area. The potential applications of TiO2 dissolved in acid organic solvents include coatings, pigments, inks, and the production of nanoparticles and solar cells.
Desy
Hi, everyone..
I do want to know, what are parameters that I have to know to dissolve TiO2,,?? I have tried many solvents like H2SO4, HCl, HNO3, citric acid, ascorbic acid, equi-molar citric/ascorbic acid,, but all was fail.
could you tell me,,??
Thank you.. :)

Chemistry news on Phys.org
See this article, p. 2:

ftp://ftp.fao.org/ag/agn/jecfa/cta_tio2.pdf

You can forget citric acid or ascorbic acid. TiO2 only slowly dissolves in hydrofluoric acid or hot, concentrated sulfuric acid, both of which are extremely dangerous to handle.

Why the interest?

1. Can TiO2 dissolve in acid organic solvents?

Yes, TiO2 can dissolve in acid organic solvents such as acetic acid, formic acid, and oxalic acid.

2. What is the most effective way to dissolve TiO2 in acid organic solvents?

The most effective way to dissolve TiO2 in acid organic solvents is to use a combination of heat and agitation. This helps to break down the particles and disperse them evenly in the solvent.

3. How long does it take for TiO2 to completely dissolve in acid organic solvents?

The time it takes for TiO2 to completely dissolve in acid organic solvents can vary depending on factors such as the concentration of the acid, the temperature, and the size of the TiO2 particles. Generally, it can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours.

4. Are there any safety precautions to take when working with TiO2 and acid organic solvents?

Yes, it is important to wear appropriate personal protective equipment such as gloves and safety glasses when handling TiO2 and acid organic solvents. It is also important to work in a well-ventilated area and follow proper handling and disposal procedures.

5. What are the potential applications of TiO2 dissolved in acid organic solvents?

TiO2 dissolved in acid organic solvents can be used in a variety of applications such as coatings, pigments, and inks. It can also be used in the synthesis of nanoparticles and in the production of solar cells.