1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Masters in medical physics in Europe?

1. Jul 2, 2014 #1
    I'm currently doing my undergrad at the University of Victoria in physics and I want to go into medical physics, but in Europe. Can anyone give me any information about how on Earth I'm supposed to do this? As of this point, anything I've heard about pursuing a masters is purely hearsay and rumour, with varying consistency between sources. Any information would help, thanks.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 2, 2014 #2

mfb

2016 Award

Staff: Mentor

Ask the universities you want to go to. There are large differences between countries and even between different universities in the same country.

4. Jul 2, 2014 #3

Choppy

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Generally speaking, to enter the profession of medical physics you need a graduate degree, a residency and then certification. In Canada, the certification comes from the Canadian College of Physicists in Medicine. In the US it comes from the American Board of Radiology.

I don't know how certification works (if at all) in Europe, but you might want to check out organisations like ESTRO or http://www.efomp.org/ for more information.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook