1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Math and classical mechanics textbooks

1. Oct 23, 2014 #1
    Hello everyone, my name is Silkia and I'm a new member.
    I am a pediatrician but as with Alejandro in another thread my real love has always been physics. In three occasions I had decided that this was my career choice but long "stories" short, I ended up in medical school. As an undergraduate I took all the math courses required for a physics degree however this was a long time ago. I have finally decided to really pursue physics but at this time I will mostly be self taught I would love to go back to college and my ultimate goal is to earn a PhD but I need to figure out how to do that with having a day job ( might need to start working night shifts). I would appreciate any advice and suggestions for textbooks for math and classical mechanics. I might as well review everything to avoid any gaps in knowledge. I am currently listening to online MIT Quantum mechanics lectures and I am enjoying every single second but I need to go back and review my previous knowledge. Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide.

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 23, 2014 #2
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  4. Oct 23, 2014 #3
    Thanks, I don't care if they look old. The math that I need to review and classical mechanics haven't changed since then and if I had some of my old textbooks I would use them. Thank you so much. I will let you know how it goes.

5. Oct 24, 2014 #4
    K&K + Morin makes a great pair of intro mechanics books

6. Oct 24, 2014 #5
    Thanks.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted