Math test question I just did.

• Thread starter davie08
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Test
In summary, the equilibrium value of q is 150 and the market clearing price p is $6 for the given supply and demand functions. The graph should be sketched accordingly.
davie08

Homework Statement

find the equilibrium value of q and the market clearing price p for each of the supply and demand functions. sketch the graph.
p= 8q/q+50, q+50 , q> 0 (supply)

p=3q+630/q+30, q>0 (demand)

Homework Equations

3. The Attempt at a Solution [/b

okay so I worked this out on the test to be:

q=150 and p=$6

I know how to do the graph. but this same question is in my book where a lot of answers have been wrong and it says q=92.8 and p=5.20.

So I just want to have this answer confirmed thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
davie08 said:

Homework Statement

find the equilibrium value of q and the market clearing price p for each of the supply and demand functions. sketch the graph.

p= 8q/q+50, q+50 , q> 0 (supply)

p=3q+630/q+30, q>0 (demand)
Is your supply equation p = 8q/(q + 50)? If so, USE PARENTHESES! What you wrote simplifies to p = 8 + 50 = 58, and I don't think that's what you meant.
Also, why does q + 50 appear twice?

In your demand equation, is it p = 3q + (630/q) + 30?
If not, USE PARENTHESES so that we can tell what you mean.
davie08 said:

Homework Equations

3. The Attempt at a Solution [/b

okay so I worked this out on the test to be:

q=150 and p=$6

I know how to do the graph. but this same question is in my book where a lot of answers have been wrong and it says q=92.8 and p=5.20.

So I just want to have this answer confirmed thanks.

Mark44 said:
Is your supply equation p = 8q/(q + 50)? If so, USE PARENTHESES! What you wrote simplifies to p = 8 + 50 = 58, and I don't think that's what you meant.
Also, why does q + 50 appear twice?

In your demand equation, is it p = 3q + (630/q) + 30?
If not, USE PARENTHESES so that we can tell what you mean.

sorry its p=8q/(q+50) for supply

and p=(3q+630)/(q+30) for demand

thanks that's a relief I feel like I should definitely be over 80% for this test, and I'll need that because the next unit is everyone's favorite derivatives.

1. What was the answer to question [insert question number here]?

The answer to question [insert question number here] is [insert answer here].

2. How do you solve question [insert question number here]?

To solve question [insert question number here], you need to [insert method or steps here].

3. Why is my answer different from the correct answer for question [insert question number here]?

There could be multiple reasons for this. Some common reasons include making a calculation error, using the wrong formula, or misinterpreting the question. It is important to carefully check your work and double-check your calculations to ensure accuracy.

4. Can you explain the reasoning behind the solution for question [insert question number here]?

Yes, I can provide an explanation for the solution to question [insert question number here]. The reasoning behind the solution is [insert explanation here].

5. How can I improve my score on future math tests?

Some ways to improve your score on future math tests include practicing regularly, understanding key concepts and formulas, reviewing your mistakes and learning from them, and seeking help from a tutor or teacher if needed. It is also important to manage your time effectively during the test and to carefully read and understand each question before answering.