1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mathematical methods for physics and engineering

1. Dec 7, 2013 #1
    Hi everybody. I am studying Biotechnology (B.Sc.) and we only have one course of Calculus and one of General Physics. I would like to continue my study with am M.Sc. in Computational Science or something similar so i need to study more math and physics (so first of all math!). I found the book by Riley "Mathematical methods for physics and engineering" and many people wrote that it has all the math a student need during a B.Sc. in physics or engineering. Is it real? I mean: if a study it am I at the same level of one who study physics (concerning math of course)?

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 7, 2013 #2

ShayanJ

Gold Member

I took a look at the table of contents of the book.It covers all of the mathematical techniques needed in undergraduate physics.Also a good extent of the ones needed in graduate physics.So yes,its OK.

4. Dec 7, 2013 #3
    Mathematical methods in the physical sciences - Mary L BOAS

This book came highly recommended by a few posters here and I have to say i'm finding it incredibly useful.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted