Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Insights Mathematical Quantum Field Theory - Symmetries - Comments

1. Nov 16, 2017 #1

Urs Schreiber

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 16, 2017 #2

bhobba

Staff: Mentor

Great read.

Glad you mentioned the Erlanger program - I sometimes do but I thought I was the only one that recognized its importance to modern physics.

Thank's again for penning this very interesting series - I am learning and/or revising a lot.

Thanks
    Bill

4. Nov 17, 2017 #3

strangerep

Science Advisor

In Defn 6.12, eq(63): non-rendering latex

5. Nov 17, 2017 #4
  6. Nov 17, 2017 #5

strangerep

Science Advisor

Hmm. All equations except (63) display ok for me. Your problems with the others might be a consequence of not being able to load the page properly. (Are you using a script-blocker, such as NoScript?)

It's probably better to leave comments here in this thread.

7. Nov 18, 2017 #6

Urs Schreiber

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thanks. I had seen this, but it took me a while to understand the problem, since after isolating the relevant code it rendered properly. Turns out the problem was just a duplication of the equation label.

I have fixed it now.

Due to the additions that I made in the previous chapter, regarding the presymplectic current, which we discussed, the equation numbering here got shifted. What used to be (63) is now (67).

8. Nov 18, 2017 #7

vanhees71

Science Advisor
    2016 Award

Maybe the OP is using the mobile app. At least under Android it hasn't worked too well the last time I tried it. It's working all fine under linux (using firefox) as well as under Android (using the chrome browser or also firefox). I guess it should also work under Windows as far as one can say that anything works there ;-).

9. Nov 18, 2017 #8

Urs Schreiber

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's interesting. Do we know the relevant developer forum where this issue could be brought to attention? Somebody might want to go and try to fix it.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted