Insights Mathematical Quantum Field Theory - Symmetries - Comments

Great read.

Glad you mentioned the Erlanger program - I sometimes do but I thought I was the only one that recognized its importance to modern physics.

Thank's again for penning this very interesting series - I am learning and/or revising a lot.

Thanks
Bill

strangerep

Science Advisor
In Defn 6.12, eq(63): non-rendering latex

strangerep

Science Advisor
unable to load the page properly
unable to leave a comment
many equations, like (60), do not display
Hmm. All equations except (63) display ok for me. Your problems with the others might be a consequence of not being able to load the page properly. (Are you using a script-blocker, such as NoScript?)

It's probably better to leave comments here in this thread.

Urs Schreiber

Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
In Defn 6.12, eq(63): non-rendering latex
Thanks. I had seen this, but it took me a while to understand the problem, since after isolating the relevant code it rendered properly. Turns out the problem was just a duplication of the equation label.

I have fixed it now.

Due to the additions that I made in the previous chapter, regarding the presymplectic current, which we discussed, the equation numbering here got shifted. What used to be (63) is now (67).

vanhees71

Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
Hmm. All equations except (63) display ok for me. Your problems with the others might be a consequence of not being able to load the page properly. (Are you using a script-blocker, such as NoScript?)

It's probably better to leave comments here in this thread.
Maybe the OP is using the mobile app. At least under Android it hasn't worked too well the last time I tried it. It's working all fine under linux (using firefox) as well as under Android (using the chrome browser or also firefox). I guess it should also work under Windows as far as one can say that anything works there ;-).

Urs Schreiber

Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
Maybe the OP is using the mobile app. At least under Android it hasn't worked too well the last time I tried it.
That's interesting. Do we know the relevant developer forum where this issue could be brought to attention? Somebody might want to go and try to fix it.

A. Neumaier

Science Advisor
Insights Author
- "In Phase space below" should have a lower case P.
- "the following definition 6.2 of evolutionary vector fields we follow remark 4.10 saying" has two spurious line breaks
- You refer to https://ncatlab.org/nlab/show/conserved+current for the Dickey Lie bracket, but while it is mentioned there, it is not defined there.

Urs Schreiber

Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
- "In Phase space below" should have a lower case P.
- "the following definition 6.2 of evolutionary vector fields we follow remark 4.10 saying" has two spurious line breaks
- You refer to https://ncatlab.org/nlab/show/conserved+current for the Dickey Lie bracket, but while it is mentioned there, it is not defined there.
Thanks!

I have fixed the first two. I haven't gotten around writing an exposition of the Dickey bracket (maybe later when I find the time), but I have at least changed the link so that it points more manifestly to the commented list of references: here