Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Insights Mathematical Quantum Field Theory - Propagators - Comments

1. Nov 29, 2017 #1

Urs Schreiber

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 30, 2017 #2

A. Neumaier

Science Advisor

- ''the the Feynman propagator'' has a the too much.
    - The table above Definition 9.2 is unbalanced.
    - \widecheck is undefined
    - UV divergences are mentioned repeatedly but each time only in passing without any explanation of how it should be related to the wave front set.

4. Jan 2, 2018 #3

Urs Schreiber

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thanks for these alerts!

I had a brief comment on this, but have made it more prominent now: new remark 9.27.

I had fixed this before, but apparently it came back with my previous update. The trouble is that I have "widecheck" in my source code for the inverse Fourier transform, but the MathJax here does not seem to know this command. As a hack, I have replaced it by "widetilde", but this is sub-optimal. If you or anyone else reading here has a suggestion for how to typeset this with MathJax, please let me know.

I have fixed this by hand now, but I don't understand why the converter produced this issue in the first place. My source code is correct at this point. So if I forget about fixing this by hand again next time that I make an update, the problem might reappear.

5. Jan 3, 2018 #4

A. Neumaier

Science Advisor

6. Jan 3, 2018 #5

Urs Schreiber

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thanks! Fixed now.

7. Jan 3, 2018 #6

vanhees71

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2017 Award

You can define macros in mathJax as in LaTeX, using the usual \newcommand command within a math environment. The only drawback is that you get some empty lines, where you place this. I couldn't figure out how to give plain html commands yet. Using plain html you can avoid the blank lines by setting the \newcommand definitions within a paragraph cf. <p style="display:none">...</p>.

8. Jan 3, 2018 #7

Urs Schreiber

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Thanks, that's useful to know. Do you think this gives a way to produce a "widecheck" here on PF?

Share this great discussion with others via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted