MATLAB Neural Network Classification Problem

In summary, the conversation discusses using neural networks to model normality and abnormality in aircraft engine data. The goal is to classify data as either healthy or faulty. The code provided shows an attempt at achieving this, but the desired output is not obtained. The speaker asks for guidance and assistance in using MATLAB code for this task.
lkh1986

Homework Statement

P = [data(1:65,11:100) data(1:65,411:500)]; % Input, all together 180 data set, 65 dimension

T = [ones(1,90) zeros(1,90);
zeros(1,90) ones(1,90)]; % Actual output, first 90 data set belong to class I and the next 90 belong to class II

net = newrb(P,T); % Train networkPnew = [data(1:65,1:10) data(1:65,401:410)]; % Data set for testing, 20 data set, first 10 belong to class I, next 10 belong to class II

Y = sim(net,Pnew);

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

The desired output, Y should be
[1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0;
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1];

However, all I get is Y =
[1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1;
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 ];

Hm, anything wrong with the code? Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hi friends

I have a problem,

I have two sets of data of aircraft engine, first is the normal data which have been recorded by sensors and the other one is the abnormal data (when the engine is faulty): Now I have been asked :
1-to model of normality (based on normal data ) using Neural Network in order to classify the faulty and healthy class of the system .

2-and model of abnormality (based on abnormal data) using Neural network , this time I have to test data against model of normality+model of abnomality such that when I tested data by NN , if the data looks like normal model so should be in the normal class ,if looks like abnormal class , so it is abnormal class..

Please help me as I am new in the nueral network (please someone guide me by MATLAB code) please please...

Thanks

1. What is a MATLAB neural network classification problem?

A MATLAB neural network classification problem is a type of machine learning problem where a neural network algorithm is used to classify data into different categories or classes based on input features. The goal is to train the neural network to accurately predict the class of new data based on patterns and relationships learned from the training data.

2. How does a neural network algorithm work in MATLAB for classification?

In MATLAB, a neural network algorithm works by creating a network of interconnected nodes that process input data and produce an output. The algorithm uses a training dataset to adjust the weights of the connections between nodes, allowing the network to learn the relationships between the input features and the desired output classes. Once trained, the neural network can then be used to classify new data.

3. What are the advantages of using a MATLAB neural network for classification?

There are several advantages to using a MATLAB neural network for classification, including its ability to handle large and complex datasets, its flexibility to handle different types of data, and its ability to learn and adapt to new patterns and relationships in the data. Additionally, MATLAB offers a variety of functions and tools for data preprocessing, model evaluation, and visualization, making it a comprehensive platform for neural network classification.

4. What are some common applications of MATLAB neural network classification?

MATLAB neural network classification has a wide range of applications in various industries, including finance, healthcare, marketing, and engineering. Some common uses include credit risk assessment, medical diagnosis, customer segmentation, and predictive maintenance.

5. How can I improve the performance of a MATLAB neural network for classification?

To improve the performance of a MATLAB neural network for classification, you can try adjusting the network architecture, such as the number of hidden layers and nodes, or using different training algorithms. It is also important to carefully select and preprocess the input features to optimize the network's learning. Additionally, regularly evaluating and fine-tuning the network with new data can help improve its performance over time.