May I legally obtain a student license of Maple if I’m auditing class?

  • Topic: Maple 
  • Thread starter Thread starter benorin
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Class Maple Student
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
3 replies · 3K views
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Messages
1,442
Reaction score
191
May I legally obtain a student license of Maple if I’m merely auditing a class? Need it be a STEM course? I tried google and Waterloo did not spell out the case of auditing.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
What do you mean by "auditing" a class? You are currently enrolled at university and are taking the class by only taking the exams? I would guess the student license of that technical software would require that it be STEM classes, but you may need to call their customer support folks to ask...

https://www.maplesoft.com/contact/
 
From: https://webstore.maplesoft.com/product.aspx?id=1068
Maple is ideal for students enrolled in any math, science or engineering course.
Maple 2022 Student Edition is available to students currently enrolled at an academic institution. License must be installed on student owned computers. Commercial, instruction, teaching and research purposes are not permitted. Students in a graduate/post-graduate program whose work involves academic research should purchase the Maple Graduate Student Research License instead.
Student eligibility may be verified by Maplesoft. Customers not in compliance will be responsible for the full commercial price of the product.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: SolarisOne and benorin
Ty. Essentially auditing a course at my jr college is similar to enrolling in it for credit only you do *not* receive a grade for it and you can only audit lecture courses. There’s a fee per unit to audit but it’s cheaper than taking the course for a letter grade. I’ve already taken this course for a letter grade. Aced it!